Frequently Asked Questions
Art on the geaux takes safety very seriously and that is why sanitation is our top priority! Kits are cleaned with skin-safe cleaners after every use , sponges are limited to a one time use during events and thoroughly washed afterwards, and brushes are cleansed using a two 'bath' system with a natural brush cleaner. You will never see a dirty or unsanitary kit from an Art on the Geaux Artist!
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers.
If you are unable to find a solution below feel free to reach out to me at any time.
What kind of paints do you use?
- I exclusively use high quality, non-toxic, hypoallergenic face paints and glitter from professional grade brands. All products are carefully selected to ensure satisfaction and customer safety.
How many face paintings/balloons/caricatures can one artist do in one hour?
- Typically, face paintings and balloons can take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes depending on intricacy. (Approx. 15 to 20 Per Hour) . Caricature drawings average about 5 minutes per person.
What is required to secure my event?
- a $25.00 non-refundable booking fee is required to reserve your date and time. This is applied towards the total amount due. I also require a completed and signed booking form.
Is there a minimum amount of time that I have to book?
- Yes, I have an hour and a half minimum booking time.
What is the cancellation/rain-check policy?
- If there is a cancellation, please let me know as soon as possible. i do accommodate for rain checks, however it will be subject to artist availability.
Can I adjust the time of my reservation after booking?
- Yes, however it will be subject to artist availability.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- I accept cash, check, PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, and credit/debit card.
Do I need to provide anything for the artist?
- For face painting, balloon twisting, and caricature drawing a small table and two chairs are required PER ARTIST. For outdoor events please have a backup location for the artist in the event of inclement weather.
How do I remove the face paint/glitter tattoos?
- Face paint can be removed using soap and water or baby wipes. When removing the paint, be sure to do so gently as to not irritate the skin. Glitter tattoos can be removed by gently using an alcohol wipe or rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.
What areas do you service?
- Art on the Geaux services all of Southeast Louisiana and surrounding areas and even parts of Mississippi! Distances greater than 1 hour from Covington, LA may be subject to a travel fee.
Do you come to events as a vendor?
- Yes! I absolutely do attend vendor events. If you would like me at your next event please contact me so we can further discuss.